Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Malaysian Food (Simple Dining)

I would like to introduce two simple types of food which are very tasty and which any visitor to Malaysia should try.

One is the Nasi Kerabu which is very appetising and filling. As you can see, the rice is blue and its colour is derived from the blue pea flower. This dish comes with either fried fish or fried chicken and is accompanied with condiments such as spicy sambal sauce, kerisik, salted egg, pickles and keropok.
It is accompanied by a drink which is also blue pea flower based mixed with soda which makes it very refreshing.
              My friend and I opted for the fish. It was a slice of mackerel and was fried very well.

The other dish is the fish head curry and this particular dish is to die for!! It comes with condiments which include an appetiser which is pickled sour lime, vegetables and other dishes with which I’m not familiar but taste good. Your rice is served on a banana leaf and even if you’re not a big rice eater, you will easily consume two helpings because of the fish head curry.


This dish is readily available in all Indian curry houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment