Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Troubling Times


Hi,

Have you as parents worried about your children? I'm sure you have.

Parents worry a great deal about their children. It doesn't matter whether they are babies, toddlers, young children, teenagers or young adults. Do you agree?

I found that when my children were young, I used to worry about their health, whether they would catch germs at school, or be bullied by others.

Then as they grew older, it was another set of worries. I worried about the company they keep, in school and outside school. Times keep changing and the teenagers also differ from our days.

During my teenage days, my father had the final say in everything and woe betide us if we did not toe the line. During my children's time as teenagers, they had more freedom than I ever had. Thankfully the company they kept came from homes similar to ours. I'm so blessed that my three children uphold good values that they learned not only at home but also at school.

Today they are successful young adults leading independent lives but I still worry about them. I worry whether my son will find a good wife, someone who will look after him and raise a family together with him, incalcating good values into their children as well. I worry about my daughter who is still single, whether she will ever find a compatible life partner, someone who will cherish her for herself, warts and all, and I worry about my grandchildren, whom I will not see when they come into their own, in adulthood.

Two weeks ago when I was in Kuala Lumpur, my younger daughter dropped a bombshell; at least that was what it was to me. She blithely announced that she would be going with her friends to Bali before Christmas. I was aghast when I heard that.

Why, oh, why must she go to that place, already a place of death for so many young holiday makers who only wanted to have a good time. The beauty of that place is forever associated with horror and death where I'm concerned and now that my daughter will be going there, that very thought gives me nightmares. But will she listen and not go? Of course not! The young these days have their own minds and they nonchalantly brush aside our parental fears.

I wonder, on the other hand whether they worry about their parents too? Do the children ever worry that their parents may fall ill or be incapacitated some day? When that time comes, what will they do? How will they handle the situation?

There I go again, worrying ..... come what may, we will have to accept whatever the Almighty has in mind for us. Meanwhile, it's better to cross the bridge only when we come to it.

So I compartmentalise my worries and fears into different parts of the brain and continue to struggle with internet marketing and websites.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment