Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Day of the Lunar New Year


Day 1 is when my siblings come to visit throughout the day. The last visitors left at 9:30 pm.


Visitors usually come with gifts which include the mandatory mandarin oranges. When they leave, they also leave with a bag of gifts including mandarins. This exchange of gifts is the norm for the Lunar New Year.




There is a lot of catching up and happy talk among the youngsters and the older generation, amid the munching and drinking.


Some of us will definitely add on the kilos especially when there are other house visits on the agenda.

Over the next few days there will be more food at my siblings' homes. I'm looking forward to that! Perish the thought of extra kilos!

No comments:

Post a Comment