Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Agonising


Agonising is the word to describe the bout of food poisoning I had yesterday.

No, it wasn't because I pigged out and over ate over the New Year. Quite the contrary,I didn't have my lunch but all along I took in tidbits (some would call it junkfood. Come evening, the pain began and I could hardly stomach the sight of all the tempting dishes laid out on the table at a potluck gathering that evening.

The night was a nightmare. The gnawing pain in the stomach and abdomen stole whatever relief I thought I would get from sleep but sleep was elusive.

I vomitted out most of what I had eaten a few times but even that wasn't enough. My abdomen remained hard and painful. Finally I managed to doze off but come morning, I didn't feel any better. To drink even a bit of water was intolerable. The pain wouldn't subside so I huddled in misery and opened my computer for solace.

By this evening I still couldn't take in any food. The abodomen has softened a bit but when I press it, it hurts still. Luckily I told my golf buddy last week that I wouldn't be playing tomorrow morning. Must have been some sort of premonition!

Hope tonight will be a better night. Hope all of you had a great time welcoming in the new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment