Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cruising Down the Danube

Never did I dream as my fingers flew over the ivory keys producing the strains of Johann Strauss’ Blue Danube Waltz for my father that one day I would cruise down the Danube River to the music of the beautiful waltz.

Standing on the dark deck braving the biting cold wind, I snapped picture after picture of the grandiose buildings spot-lighted to display their awesome splendor. The bridges spanning the wide Danube especially the Chain Bridge in Budapest sparkled like a diamond necklace.
Bright architectural gems silhouetted against the dark sky did their creators proud.




Budapest is a wonderland at night from the deck of the cruise boat silently swishing through the dark waves of the Danube with the music of Strauss waltzes in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment