Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Friday, February 23, 2018

Jenjarom Welcomes the Year of the Dog

Yesterday my former sister-in-law, my sister Doris and I returned to Jenjarom’s Fo Guan Shan Dong Zen to see how this year’s lunar new year celebration transformed its gardens.
                                  Bee Leng, my former sis-in-law, my sis Doris and myself

 
                                Plan of the Fo Guan Shan Dong Zen Temple Grounds

Face masks greeted people as they walked through the main gate.

The Dog had pride of place and was beautifully lit atop its pedestal.

This year's set up didn’t disappoint although the décor wasn’t as elaborate as the previous year’s.

Swans featured in one part of the gardens and they turned to the tune of The Blue Danube while the lights went on and off .


The crowds weren’t as dense so we were able to get some good shots. However, the lighting was not as bright so we couldn’t get good photos of ourselves!

We hope to make another visit next year which will be the Year of the Boar, the last animal in the 12 year cycle of different animals. So bye for now from the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment