Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Holiday in the UK: the Lake District

After a hearty English breakfast, we set off for Windermere, the largest in the Lake District.
We had rented a cottage and this would be our base for the next week.


Along the way to the Lake District

We found it without any problem thanks to technology.
My daughter expertly brought us to a beautiful cottage which surpassed my expectations. It was called Moss Cottage.



There were 3 bedrooms all on different floors. We had the bedroom on the first floor as
the stairs narrow and steep.

Our room


Very steep stairs


My Grandson's Room


My daughter and my granddaughter's room

The girls had the bedroom on the second floor while my grandson had the room right at the top.

A lovely view greeted me when I looked out of my bedroom window.

There was a comfortable living room, a large kitchen and a delightful conservatory
which looked out into a lovely garden.

View of the garden outside


Living Room


Another view of the living room


The Conservatory


The large kitchen

However, since it was still very early in the spring, not all the flowers were in bloom. I could picture its beauty in a few weeks' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment