Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

The Lake District, Cumbria.

This is one of the most beautiful regions in the UK. I first visited the Lake District
as a college student in the early 1960s, then in later years with my children. Now I
return once more with my grandchildren who are attending universities in the UK.
I wanted them to see how beautiful the lakes are and most of them are still unspoilt
in all their beauty.

My daughter hired a car big enough to take all of us and our luggage and we made
Lake Windermere our base.
The Volvo which took us all over the Lake District

Fully loaded with luggage & stuff

We stayed at a lovely cottage, the Moss Cottage, a fully furnished and well equipped 3 bedroom home that suited us beautifully.


The first lake we visited was Ambleside.
The lovely homes and narrow roads, the walking paths and the quaint shops are enchanting.







The most famous landmark is the Bridge House, a tiny double storey house built on a small bridge. Apparently it was built there to evade the land tax! It now belongs to the National Trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment