Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Be warned!


I don’t want to frighten you but I see so many people who are overweight and obese these days. Let’s hope you are not among them.

Many people opine that growing fatter is part of being middle-aged. However, I have seen children and teenagers who are very overweight and obese!

It is not true that middle age brings along with it fat, especially abdominal fat. Men tend to become pot-bellied while women become thick-waisted with a sagging belly.


I wonder if overweight people realize that they are at high risk for deadly diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and cancer.

Diabetes or Type II Diabetes which is contracted usually in middle age, is a fearful disease. In fact, my doctor told me, “ This is one disease you don’t ever want to get.” Unfortunately, it was too late for me. I’d already developed it. Both my parents had it and there is a genetic pre-disposition for off-spring to develop it too. In fact many of my siblings also have diabetes.

Why is Diabetes such a dreadful disease?

It is a leading cause of blindness as well as kidney disease. Moreover, it increases the chance of developing heart disease and suffering a stroke by almost 400%. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men.

Overweight people also have high blood cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Yes, young people, even teenagers who are overweight have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. They don’t know it because they do not check with their doctors; this is simply because it just never occurs to them that being overweight has serious health issues. So parent, beware! Don’t overfeed your children to the extent that you put their health at risk.



So if you are overweight, do something about it. Apart from the fact that you will look better if you lose weight, a reduction in body fat will have a substantial effect on your health and you may save yourself the consequences of developing the dreaded diseases mentioned above.

For more information on losing weight check this out.
http://bit.ly/955m2z

No comments:

Post a Comment