Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Salzburg, Home of Mozart

Beautiful Salzburg was home to Mozart, the child prodigy who gave the world lovely music that is still played and appreciated today. I remember the violin and piano pieces composed by Mozart which I tried very hard to master in my school days.

We visited Mozart's home
and the Mozart Museum which are tourist attractions today.

This is a statue of Mozart, the famous composer.

We also visited the Mirabelle Gardens where newly-wed couples love to have their photographs taken.
This garden was also where some scenes from the movie "The Sound of Music" were shot.
There are also statues in the garden depicting stories from Greek mythology.
This is Pegasus, the flying horse, at the center of the fountain.
Just look at the enormous castle on the hill.
This is a narrow street with hanging decorative structures that advertise the nature of their business.
This is one of the buildings fronting a street
and this is a shop selling chocolates with Mozart as its brand.
Below are photos of some places in Salzburg but I've forgotten their names!!











No comments:

Post a Comment