Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shopping is Fun!

Today my daughter and I went shopping!

It can be very tiring, trying out one dress after another. We spent about 2 hours in one shop, trying out the various garments the saleslady brought out for us to try.

She has a good eye and I must say that the dresses she selected for my daughter to try were very pretty indeed. She brought out casual wear and dinner wear in lovely colours and styles.

My daughter looked very elegant in the light green gown. On the rack it didn't look that great but when she put it on, it became striking. The color was vivid and she really looked elegant in it.

Oh, to be young again and be able to carry those creations! Yesterday after having lunch with my Kuala Lumpur golf buddy, she took me to a small shopping mall and one of the boutiques there had some lovely dresses but not for our age range. It really made us wish that we were 20 years younger! Then we would have been able to wear those lovely high heels and wiggle and strut our stuff!! However, the clock does not go backwards. So we shook our heads regretfully and walked out to console ourselves over a cup of delicious rainbow ice-kacang. ( an iced concoction of jellies, red beans, ice-cream, sweet corn, atap seed) Strange how food always makes us feel better, huh?

I purchased an evening gown while my daughter bought the casual and evening wear. She bought me a shawl to go with my gown. We're busy shopping for clothes as the Chinese New Year is around the corner and my son is also getting married this year. So there is a reason to go shopping.

I must say that my daughter looked gorgeous in all the outfits she tried on. It was hard not to buy all of them. However the saleslady gave us a good discount and the alterations are done for free.

Photos will have to wait until the occasion arises when the clothes will be worn. Shopping is fun and therapeutic. I'm almost recovered from the bout of food poisoning and have been enjoying my food once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment