Welcome to Swinging By

These are the places of interest that I've been to and I would like to share them with you. I hope you find them interesting too.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Places of Interest in Penang

Our friend took us to Gurney Drive in the early morning. However the tide was out.  I was surprised to see so many high rises, both offices and private condominiums. Some of their designs were very attractive.





 Later our tour guide took us to Chew Jetty where small wooden houses with small businesses  erected on either side still flourish.



 He pointed out the barnacles growing on the pillars of the wooden houses and he said that they were oysters.



 Another place we went to was the Perankan mansion museum which is a treasure trove of beautiful antiques some of which are more than 100 years old.  I'm just showing some of the many photos which I've taken.












The above headgear and ornaments shown in the above picture are painstakingly woven from the feathers of the Blue Kingfisher pictured on the left.  These are more than 100 years old. It's amazing how they are as beautiful as ever, the color intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment